Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Paper Players

I am having so much fun doing water color challenges, they seem to be trending at this time. I had never done these types of cards before now and it is actually quite fun and easy. Love how you can create so many color combinations using water colors or assorted types of inks. This week at http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/ we are challenged to make such a card. The card is a little wonky, guess I used too much water. I did leave it overnight under my cutting mat, it helped to flatten it a little. Here is what I came up with.

Earth - Internet download, double layered with chipboard for depth.
Sentiment -  "You Mean the World to Me"...computer printout and matted with purple cardstock.
I used assorted watercolors and stamping inks in blue, green and purple. I added some sparkle throughout the card and sentiment using a Gellyroll Clear Glitter Pen  for some "far away twinkle", not very noticeable.... sorry.


 
Thank you for following TurtleBug's Trail!

2 comments:

  1. Josie, this is so fun! I love your watercolored background! The moon is perfect and the sentiment made me smile! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Josie - I love how your watercolouring mimics the colours of the earth, a great background. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete