Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2016

CASology

This is a card I made for the challenge at http://casology.blogspot.com/ this week. The Cue Card is "Distress" to inspire our creations. This is my first time working with color paints on watercolor paper when making a card. I used a paint brush to create the strokes of colors, when it dried I used a nail file on the coarse side and rubbed it across the watercolor paint for depth. I wrote and printed the sentiment on my Explore and added a puffy Turtle embellishment from a "Kids" pack by Recollections at Michael's. I used a CTMH distress tool around the edges of the paper for a distressed look. Oops!! Sorry for the bad photo. It was late at night, trying to beat the deadline and  did not have good lighting.

 
Thank you for following TurtleBug's Trail!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your first try and it looks this great!!!! Way to go! So clever to use a nail file too, a great example that one doesn't need all those fancy tools! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology... hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete